*** Home and Backyard Garden Support – Coming Soon ***
We have plans to support people who want to grow their own food. As an urban community farm our mission is to grow food so our neighbors can eat well. This means not only growing food in Newhall Fields, but also responding to a growing need and providing resources for residents of all ages to experience the joy and benefits of growing good food at home.
We are in the process of gathering resources, creating partnerships, and developing a sustainable plan so we can all plant, care for, and watch food grow and ultimately taste a warm sun-ripe tomato or pull a radish right out of the dirt – right in your own backyard!
No matter where you live you can grow plants, grow food, have a pollinator garden, and we want to help you.
If this is of interest to you, let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and let us know, maybe, you have just the right resources we need to move this project forward.
What we plan to provide for at home container and backyard garden support:
- Garden-starter kit – seeds, soil/compost, containers, garden boxes
- Pickup site at Newhall Fields or home delivery of garden-starter kit
- Instruction; guidance, mentorship, and resources for a fun, safe, and successful container garden/backyard growing experience
- Ways to share and track progress.
- Troubleshooting support and celebration of successes
In the meantime – here are a few resources to get you started:
- Gardening Know How
- Grow Veg
- Gardening with Children
- Worm Factory – vermiculture project – so easy and fun to do at home to make your own soil/compost for your plants. It is easy, and it does not smell! Find more information at Kids Growing Strong and NIEHS
- The Food Project DYI raised-bed gardens and other helpful resources
- Backyard Growers
- GreenCity Growers